Michael Dell Tech Visionary Philanthropist, Business Mogul
Early Life: Michael Dell Tech Visionary
- Born: February 23, 1965, in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Family Background: Michael Dell was born to a Jewish family. His father, Alexander Dell, was an orthodontist, and his mother, Lorraine Charlotte, was a stockbroker.
- Dell attended Herod Elementary School in Houston and later went on to attend Memorial High School.
- He started a business at a young age, selling newspaper subscriptions, and later went on to study at the University of Texas at Austin.
- 1984: Founded Dell Computer Corporation (now Dell Inc.) at the age of 19.
- 1992: Became the youngest CEO to have his company ranked in Fortune magazine’s list of the top 500 corporations.
- 2004: Stepped down as CEO but returned to the position in 2007.
- 2013: Dell Inc. went private in a $24.9 billion deal.
- Michael Dell’s net worth was estimated to be several billion dollars. It’s advisable to check the latest sources for the most up-to-date information.
Social Media Presence:
- Michael Dell is known for being active on social media platforms. He has a significant presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, and other professional networks.
- Spouse: Dell is married to Susan Lieberman.
- Children: The couple has four children.
- The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, established in 1999, focuses on children’s health and education. It has committed over $1.87 billion to various causes.
- While Dell Inc. has faced criticism for customer service issues, there haven’t been significant personal controversies involving Michael Dell.
Hobbies and Interests:
- Information about his hobbies and interests outside of his profession is not widely publicized.
Political or Social Activism:
- Michael Dell has been involved in various philanthropic efforts but is not particularly known for extensive political or social activism.
- Michael Dell was the youngest CEO ever to earn a ranking on the Fortune 500 list.